Welcome to Print Art's Booking Portal
At Print Art, we prioritize providing personalized and exceptional printing services to our valued customers. To ensure that we can dedicate our utmost attention to each project, we kindly request that you make a booking before visiting our workshop. Please note that we do not offer print-on-demand services or accommodate walk-ins.
There are several compelling reasons to make a booking with us:
1. Newbie Art Enthusiasts: If you are new to the world of art and would like to transform your creations into beautiful prints for selling or gifting purposes, our team is here to guide you through the process. We will help bring your artistic vision to life with our high-quality printing services.
2. Artists and Photographers: As an artist or photographer, you understand the importance of producing archival fine art prints. By making a booking, you can collaborate with our experienced team to achieve the desired results.
3. Returning Clients: Our loyal returning clients appreciate the expertise of Neil, our skilled printer. If you seek his specialized knowledge and assistance in working on files before printing, we encourage you to schedule a booking. Neil's expertise will enhance the quality and presentation of your prints.
4. Original Artworks to Digital Files: If you possess original artworks and are interested in discussing the process of transforming them into digital files for creating prints, our team is here to provide guidance. We will explain the steps involved and answer any questions you may have, ensuring a seamless transition from physical to digital formats.
How it works
We open your file on our calibrated monitor and chat about how it looks on screen. We make any adjustments to colour, luminosity, sharpness or contrast that we feel are needed. We size the file for print and decide on margins and layout. We look at paper samples and decide on the best option. We then run a test print, while you wait, on the chosen paper. If you are happy with the test, you sign it as approved.
Once the test is approved, you will need to wait 3 to 5 working days before collecting your final prints, depending how busy we are. We will try to action your job as soon as possible - and sometimes that can be sooner than expected - but please be aware that we are not focused on speed, but rather on careful attention to detail, and your job will usually take a few days to be ready.
During the consultation, if we see that it is likely we are going to run over the allotted time due to more extensive file adjustments required, we will need to decide whether to go into a paid session.
• All time over the first hour will be charged at R500 an hour (or R125 per 15-minute segments).
• Extra test prints will be charged for.
• We have a minimum job order of R350 to qualify for the free test strip.
• Please bring your file on a portable drive.
Time required to download, or transfer files will be considered to be part of the consultation.
Generally, we recommend that you do not size your files to print size. Our different print systems require slightly different resolutions. Its usually best to just bring the original, unsized file and let us size it for print depending on the paper and ink chosen.
Book a Session
Terms and Conditions
- How do I get a copy of my 'print ready' file during the consultation?
If you want a copy of your ‘print ready’ file, please bring a portable drive with you
- Is there a minimal service charge?
Yes. We have a minimum service charge of R250. We suggest that if you have a small print job (A4 or smaller) to consider doing an edition of 3 or 5 prints.
- What happens after the 15 mins is up, yet there is still some file management required?
Time spent on file management, including emailing or transferring files, is billable.
- How does the price structure work?
Our prices are based on 'sheet size', not 'image size', for more info go to this link - https://www.printartct.co.za/sheet-size
- I have a large body of work that I'd like printed, how would this process work?
Each client is dealt with on a case to case basis. Print Art is a collaborative space where the artist can talk directly to the person executing the prints and ask for advice and opinion. Mail us to enquire more.
- What if I require an artwork to be printed urgently?
Our business model is not based on speed and volume, but rather quality and care. However depending on our schedule we are able to fit in 'Rush Jobs'. Rush jobs will attract an extra charge
- Does the printing price include packaging?
No. Print prices do not include packaging. We offer a range of packaging options from Core tubes, archival sleeves to Eco Dimple Paper wrap. Please note that packaging is charged separately to printing price.
- I have an image on my phone and would like it to be printed? Can I just email it through?
Not all media is always available in all sizes. Especially if it has been shot on an iPhone or Android. Attaching files to email also reduces the quality. We prefer you bring the artwork on an external drive/usb or we use WeTransfer to send and receive files.